First Day of School 2019!

I'm so exhausted, but I just had to write this post about how much I am in love with Tina Hargaden's daily instructional framework! I'm including a video of my first day with my 6th grade class (I had them last year in 5th grade).  I spent about the first 20 minutes or so of class laying out expectations, discussing needed supplies, hiring a videographer, and allowing them to share about one thing they were looking forward to and one thing they were nervous about for this upcoming year.

Here's what happened in this video:
Norming the class (for 80 years lol... whoops)
Reading Workshop: library tour
Guided Oral Input: calendar talk
Scaffolded Oral Review: oral questions
Shared Writing: Write and Discuss
Shared Reading: I read in L2, students chorally translate in L1
Student Application & Assessment: WHOOPS ran out of time

Check out the video if you'd like!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for posting this video Kaitlin! It is super helpful to see the Daily Framework in action from day one. I hope your recovery from surgery continues to go well--hurray for classroom microphones!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

4 Days of Lesson Plans FREE! (Individually Created Characters)

Benefits of Using the Daily Lesson Framework

Using Señor Wooly for more than Nuggets!