Sometimes we get carried away...and it works!


Most days I really try to not get my students too excited, because it usually leads to chaos and headaches for me.  Every once and a while things get wild and work! This lesson is an example of that.  I love making OWIs (one word images) with my classes, but it can be hit or miss if I end up with a headache at the end of the lesson.  We got carried away with a ton of details, but it worked... the kids were engaged, we were using a bunch of Spanish, and we were laughing.  What more can you ask for?

The awesome thing about OWIs is that you can do so much with them...if you want.  We eventually named the teeth (Bluetooth, Un-Mellow Yellow, and Snotty Scotty).  We haven't done anything else with them, but they are proudly on display in my classroom at the ready for if I need 'em.  Stories, adventures...who knows! The possibilities are endless.

AND on top of that... my student artist who was drawing the OWI is the daughter of two dentists!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Days of Lesson Plans FREE! (Individually Created Characters)

Benefits of Using the Daily Lesson Framework

Scaffolding Student Writing with Word Card Sentences