Hola. Soy yo. (Hello. It's me.)

Before I dive in sharing about the roller coaster journey of a language teacher, I wanted to introduce myself!

I started my teaching career in Baltimore, MD.  I taught Spanish grades 6-12 for two years.  After those two years, I decided to move back home to Wisconsin.  I've been teaching 5th-8th grade Spanish (and a little spelling, math, and reading along the way) at a public charter school for the past 5 years, and I love my job.

Two years ago, I was ready to quit.  "Wait. I thought you JUST said you love your job?!" I do.  Now.

Honestly, as each school year came to a close, and I had to sign my contract for the next year, I would seriously consider if I wanted to return to my school or teaching in general.  What changed? ME.  I'll save some of those stories for another post, but it's been quite a journey.  I'm so thankful that I didn't throw in the towel as I firmly believe that I am exactly where God intends for me to be.  The peace that comes with that feeling is better than cheese (I'm from WI, remember?) and chocolate and wine.

I'm on a mission to help other language teachers rediscover their passion for teaching, and hopefully this blog can be a part of that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Days of Lesson Plans FREE! (Individually Created Characters)

Benefits of Using the Daily Lesson Framework

Scaffolding Student Writing with Word Card Sentences